Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lost touch with reality

If any of you have been wondering why you haven't heard from or seen us for the past month and a half, it's because our schedule has been packed so full every single day. This is how it goes...

7:30 p.m. SHARP- girls in bed
7:31 p.m.-start popping popcorn, break out the treats, put in DVD
7:35 p.m.- hours upon hours of "Lost" episodes begin.
9:30 p.m-bathroom break and re-stock treats and drinks
11:00 p.m.-decide we will just watch "one more"
11:45 p.m.-same as 11:00 pm
12:30 a.m- vow this will be our last one
1:15 a.m.- wonder what the heck we're doing and how we will function the next day!

I know, it's pathetic, but it has been so much fun! Neither of us had ever seen the show, so we started from the beginning of season 1 and we have now watched 70 episodes. We have just completed season 3, so we are almost caught up with the regular programming. I don't know how we will be able to stand waiting a whole week between shows once we get caught up! It is seriously the best show! They do such a good job of leaving you hanging right at the end so you can't wait for the next episode. Anyway, although our nights of laziness and pigging out are about to come to an end, we're kinda excited to get back to having somewhat of a normal life again.
Oh, this was cute- Alyssa has been a bit jealous knowing that we are having "parties" every night after she goes to bed. One night Mark says to me, " Are we gonna watch a little L-O-S-T tonight?" In a snotty voice Alyssa says, "A little S-T spells lost! And I know it! No fair!"

9 comments:

JLJ said...

You forgot to add to your list 1:00 am - start blogging.

Glad you're a LOST fan. We are too, although I missed season 1 and have never gone back to see what I've missed. I'd like to think all the unexplained things were revealed in that season and that's why I'm so confused!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I have wondered where you've been! I have been waiting for more pics of your family and now this explains everything. You guys are hilarious. I love that you two love it so much. I can't wait to hear all about the LOST Lake Powell trip.

daisy said...

We are looking forward to watching the episodes of Lost like you did. I hear that is actually the best way to do it. Except for the 1:00a.m thing.

Jenny said...

We LOVE LOST!!!Many times we sit and wish we could watch episode after episode because it is seriously frustrating to have to wait a whole week. At the end of each episode we feel even more "lost" than we did before. But we still love it- sounds so fun to watch them all at once! Glad your back!

Jami said...

That is too funny. We did the same thing with the first season of 24 and while it was tons of fun Troy vowed he would NEVER do it again. (He hates the thought of "wasting" that much time on t.v. - the big party pooper!) I try to remind him of all the hours of cuddling we got in and it might be softening him a bit but we will have to see. I think it is the perfect thing to get some quality one on one time. It's like a date night every night AND it's free. Who could ask for more.

Unknown said...

Ryan and I did that last summer. I LOVE it so much more than 24 or any other show. It keeps you guessing. Have fun....

BigEd said...

TV on DVD is the only way to go, the way I look at it, you spend less time actually, since once you get used to it, you just can't watch regular TV with commercials. Sure, it's a shaky argument, but 24 was a lifesaver for us when we were in China and couldn't understand one word on regular TV. Now we are hooked on 30 Rock.

Live More Now said...

Mindy - this is hilarious. I love it. Will have to share with Luke since he is a big "S-T" fan. So glad you guys have been enjoying yourself in true "stay up later than everybody else" Mindy fashion! You are not one to be beat in that department. Hope you guys are great. Your girls are so darling, I wish I lived closer so I could come visit and get "kid time" in! Love you, heather

Live More Now said...

Okay, Minds, here I am almost 7 months to the day (tomorrow) since my last comment on your "Lost" post, and I just had to give you the update. So in the past two months, Luke and I have been watching Lost FROM THE BEGINNING, because I never saw it (no cable t.v.), and Luke owns the dvd sets. So we are part way through season three now, and I have a mad crush on Jack, and I am totally addicted to the show. I can completely relate to your late-night marathons ... "just one more ... just one more - wait, it's 1 am!!"
I love you guys and hope you're doing great!!! xoxo me